Sunday, March 31, 2013

Oshiwa Diamonds

Here's another example of a wild quilt made with my hand-stamped fabrics and Oshiwa blocks.  Of course there are about a gazillion African fabrics here too, along with some companion fabrics I stamped with other Oshiwa blocks. Too much fun!



Just to make the quilt worth looking at from the back as well as the front, I backed each block of the quilt with a different African print.  Sometimes I just want to look at the back! Here's a photo showing the back of the quilt.




I enjoy using lots of different fabrics together, after all, what's a stash for???  I wanted to show you a close-up so you could see a bit more detail of the fabric bits in the block.





When I put the binding on, I had a friend helping me.  Here's her photo as well......  Nice assistant, no? :)



4 comments:

  1. You created a wonderful piece of art!
    What a beautiful vibrant Quilt - so full of color, texture (labor too!) and excitement!
    Bravo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Yael! This type of quilt lets me use all kinds of little left-over bits of fabric, so I never have to throw anything away. Happiness-making!
      Paula

      Delete
  2. Hi Paula, Still bloggin from Gabon??
    I am planning a trip out there from South Africa. Please could you tell me what kind of prices these beautiful fabrics are selling for.
    Regards
    Emilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to show you a close-up so you could see a bit more detail of the fabric bits in the block.
    Quartz

    ReplyDelete