Monday, September 10, 2012

SAQA Benefit Auction Begins Today!

The SAQA Benefit Auction offers us all the opportunity to bid on a wondrous selection of 12-inch square art quilts-----it's an annual exercise in art lust! :) The auction begins today, September 10th, at 2 pm Eastern Time, and can be found here:
http://www.saqa.com/gallery-mini-detail.php?ID=2053

The piece I donated is in the first group to be auctioned, so it's on the block in a matter of hours! Nail biting will commence forthwith!  Actually, the auction is a cause for celebration, because the variety of work is amazing, and even if we don't bid, we get to see it all!

 Since I've already posted a photo of my auction donation, I went looking for a quilt I haven't shown pictures of before.  Below are some photos of a baby quilt I made earlier this year.  Most of the fabrics on the front are Laurel Burch designs from her Jungle Songs line, and the back has a bunch of bright fabrics from my stash.  I used lots of different colors of thread for the quilting, and free-motioned designs whereever I found some space. I really enjoyed making this quilt, all the more because I could feel very thrifty----most of the blocks were left over from a larger baby quilt I made previously!

Jungle Baby
Jungle Baby back 
And here are a few detail photos, just to show how much fun I was having!


Detail 1



Detail 2


Detail 3

1 comment:

  1. I love those Burch fabrics! Took one of your classes in Sisters, nice to see your quilts on-line

    ReplyDelete