Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Purplemeister
















I've finally finished a project I started with some friends in Canada! Of course, the deadline passed some time ago, but I couldn't have been in the show anyway, since I'm a bit far away.... Anyway, it's purple. It's not just a little bit purple, it's VERY purple. It started as a color study exchange with some fiber art friends. We pulled colors out of a hat to start, and I got purple. Then when we added a second color, I got red. Yellow was the third and last color I got, and this quilt is the piece that I made from the blocks the other members of the group made for me.





I've inserted a photo of the square blocks I received in the exchange, and and another of the quilt that grew out of the blocks. I've included a detail shot showing one block stamped with an Oshiwa block done by a friend who had been in one of my fabric stamping classes! For now, I'm calling this piece the Purplemeister---it just seemed appropriate somehow.... :)


2 comments:

  1. Very appropriate name! Sounds so good in my ears. This reminds me of Kandinsky. He would have loved it as much as I do, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, Eva! It's a pretty wild piece!

    ReplyDelete